Have dessert for breakfast with this delicious and creamy Biscoff Overnight Oats. Throw it together in 5 minutes and have a delicious breakfast tomorrow.
This is a simple overnight oats recipe, with creamy biscoff spread mixed through. If you love Biscoff, try these other Biscoff Recipes: Biscoff Macarons, Biscoff Donuts, Biscoff Truffles and Biscoff Banana Bread.
Why this recipe great?
- Throw this recipe together in less than 5 minutes for a delicious breakfast the next day
- You only need 4 ingredients (toppings are optional)
- It’s like having dessert for breakfast with the Biscoff mixed through
What is Biscoff?
Biscoff is a vegan caramelised spiced cookie spread. Biscoff spread is made from crushed Lotus Biscoff or speculoos cookies. It is also referred to as cookie butter or speculoos spread. It is delicious by the spoonful or great on toast or on desserts.
Ingredients needed for Biscoff Overnight Oats
Rolled Oats – it’s best to use rolled oats, instant or steel cut don’t work the same
Milk – I use plant based milk but any type of milk will work
Biscoff – melted
How to make Biscoff Overnight Oats
- In a bowl, mix together the rolled oats, chia seeds and milk. Mix well until the oats and seeds are coated.
- Melt the Biscoff spread in the microwave for 10-20 seconds until it is just melted but not hot. Add it to the bowl and mix well. Pour into 2 cups or jars and place in the fridge overnight.
Biscoff Overnight Oats Topping Ideas
- Extra Biscoff spread
- Crushed Biscoff cookies
- Nuts – walnuts and pecans work really well
- Yogurt – use coconut yogurt to keep this vegan
- Sweetener – the biscoff provides a subtle sweetness but if you like things sweeter you can add some honey, maple syrup, agave or any sweetener of your choice
Are these oats vegan?
If you stick to a plant based milk and plant based toppings, then yes this will be vegan.
Are these overnight oats gluten free?
No, the Biscoff spread/Cookie butter is made from cookies that are made with gluten which would not make this gluten free. Oats can also contain gluten.
Can I warm up the overnight oats?
Yes if it’s colder where you are, you can place this in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to take the chill out of it.
How do I store Biscoff Overnight Oats?
Store in the fridge covered overnight. Can stay in the fridge for 3-4 days before it needs to be eaten. Top it with your toppings before eating as this can get soft or mushy if staying in the fridge.
Biscoff Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 ¼ cup milk I used almond
- 3 tbsp biscoff spread
- crushed biscoff cookies
- additional biscoff spread
- Place oats, chia seeds and milk in a bowl. Combine with a spoon or whisk until everything is mixed in.
- Melt Biscoff spread in the microwave until it is runny but not hot. This should take 10-20 seconds depending on the power of the microwave.
- Add in the melted Biscoff spread until incorporated into the milk mixture.
- Pour into 2 glasses or jars (approximately 1 cup/250ml in size).
- Place in the fridge covered for 3 or more hours. Ideally overnight.
- Add in sweetener if you prefer your oats on the sweeter side, the addition of Biscoff provides a subtle sweetness however a sweetener such as maple, agave, honey can be added for additional sweetness.
- Top the overnight oats with crushed Biscoff cookies or Biscoff spread for additional Biscoff flavour.