Up your banana bread game with this Biscoff Banana Bread. Delicious and moist with the added flavour of Biscoff swirled through.
If you like Biscoff try my Biscoff Macarons, Biscoff Truffles or Biscoff Donuts.
Why I love this Biscoff Banana Bread
- Delicious and moist.
- It’s a one bowl recipe.
- There’s no need for a stand or electric mixer, just a bowl and whisk.
- Perfect for using up over ripe bananas.
- Adds a little fun to standard banana bread.
Ingredients needed for Biscoff Banana Bread.
Overripe bananas – you want these to be very very ripe, the skin should be browned, that’s what gives banana bread it’s delcious flavour and sweetness.
Egg – take this out early so they’re at room temperature.
Oil – use a flavourless oil, like sunflower, rice bran or canola.
Milk – you can substitute this for buttermilk.
Brown Sugar – gives the banana bread a delicious caramel flavour and helps to keep it soft and moist.
Flour – all purpose / plain flour.
Bicarb soda (baking soda)
Biscoff spread – I used smooth
How to make Biscoff banana bread
Start by preheating your oven and lining a loaf pan with parchment/baking paper.
Peel bananas and place in your bowl, mash them with a masher or fork until they’re mushy and no longer have big chunks. Add in the eggs, oil, milk and brown sugar to the bananas. Whisk this well until it’s combined.
Next, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda (bicarb soda) and salt to the wet mixture and gently whisk until just combined. Try not to over mix the batter.
Melt the Biscoff spread by placing it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. You want the mixture to be pourable but not too hot. Pour about a third of the batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with half the melted Biscoff spread then pour over another third of batter and the rest of the melted Biscoff spread. Pour over the final third of the banana bread batter. Swirl with a butterknife so the Biscoff flavour can spread throughout the bread.
Place in the oven for 50-55 minutes. Place a skewer or toothpick into the centre to check for doneness, if the skewer is still wet with the batter leave it in for 5 minute intervals until the skewer comes out clean. Cool the banana bread in the loaf pan until completely cool before removing.
Drizzle with additional melted Biscoff and slice and serve.
Tips for Biscoff Banana Bread
- Make sure to use very ripe bananas, the skins should be turning black.
- Don’t overmix the batter as it will cause the bread to be dry.
- Lightly swirl the Biscoff through the batter, too many swirls and the Biscoff will be easily missed.
- Wait for the bread to be completely cool before slicing, it is soft and tender so it needs time to cool down and firm up before cutting
Substitutions and Variations
- You can sub milk for buttermilk in the recipe if you have some on hand.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts for added crunch.
- Add 6 coarsely chopped Biscoff cookies to the top of the batter before baking for added Biscoff flavour.
More Banana recipes to try
Biscoff Banana Bread
- Loaf pan
- Utensils (whisk and spoon)
- 3 Bananas (large, overripe)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup biscoff spread (cookie butter)
- Preheat oven to 180c/350F.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment/baking paper and a light spray of spray oil.
- Peel bananas and place in bowl. Use a fork or whisk to mash the bananas well until there are no large chunks.
- Add in the egg, oil, milk and brown sugar. Whisk well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (flour, bicarb soda, baking powder, salt).
- Mix well until the mixture just comes together and there are no longer any clumps.
- Place the Biscoff spread in the microwave for few seconds so it's runny.
- Pour a third of the banana bread batter into the pan, then 1/2 the melted biscoff, then another third of the banana bread batter. Follow with the last 1/2 of the biscoff and the final third of batter.
- Swirl with a butterknife or skewer
- Pour the banana bread batter into the loaf pan and place in the oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Banana bread is done when it is nicely browned on top. Place a skewer or knife in the highest part in the centre, if it comes out with wet batter, continue to bake for 5 minutes until the skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool down completely before removing from the pan.
- Once cooled, drizzle 1/2 a tablespoon of melted biscoff spread onto the bread, before slicing and serving.