These Toblerone Brownies are an indulgent treat that anyone can make at home. These brownies are fudgy and rich and everything you want in a good brownie with added nutty nougat flavour from the chopped Toblerone bars.
If you have some Toblerone on hand than you can make these right now because I’m sure you have the rest of the ingredients too.
If you love Toblerone try my Toblerone Cookies too.
About these Toblerone Brownies
- They’re fudgy and delicious.
- They’re quick and easy to make and come together in one bowl.
- You don’t need an electric mixer, just a heat proof bowl and a whisk.
- They’re rich and full of chocolatey flavour.
- They have delicious chunks of Toblerone.
- You only need pantry ingredients, it just uses cocoa powder so there’s no need for chocolate (apart from the Toblerone of course).
- Did I mention they’re fudgy?
Ingredients needed for Toblerone Brownies
Butter: Unsalted butter works well in this recipe so you can control the amount of salt. There’s no need to take this out early or wait for the butter to soften as it gets microwaved together with the sugar.
Sugar: White granulated / caster sugar works well in this recipe.
Vanilla: A must in all baked goods.
Eggs: Three large eggs added one at a time.
Cocoa Powder: Use an unsweetened good quality cocoa or one you like the flavour of.
Salt: The addition balances out the sweetness of the chocolate and the richness of the brownies, but not so much that you’ll easily taste it.
Flour: Plain / all purpose flour. Measure the flour correctly by aerating the flour (fluff the flour with the cup before scooping).
Toblerone: 200g chopped up
How to make Toblerone Brownies?
Full details, ingredients and amounts for this brownie recipe is in the recipe card below.
1: Line base of an 8 x 8 inch (20cm) square pan with baking paper and preheat the oven to 160c (320F).
2: Place butter and sugar into a microwave safe large bowl. Heat for 30 seconds at a time, mixing in between until the mixture is glossy.
3: Crack each egg into the bowl and mix well between each addition.
4: Pour in the vanilla and mix.
5: Add in cocoa powder and salt and mix well until well combined.
6: Add the flour into the batter and fold it in gently until just combined, make sure to scrape down into the bottom of the bowl so everything is mixed through.
7: Roughly chop the Toblerone into 1/2cm chunks. Add the Toblerone pieces into the batter and gently fold through. Ensure the batter has cooled down before adding the Toblerone chunks.
8: Pour mixture into the pan and place into the oven for 25 -30 minutes. Remove the brownies when the sides have moved away from the pan and the centre had just set. Let cool down completely before removing and cutting.
How to cut brownies into triangles?
I cut these brownies into triangles to match the synonymous Toblerone shape. Remember to use a hot knife when cutting. Here’s how to do it:
Tips for Toblerone brownies
Cut the brownie triangles with a hot knife (you can do this by dipping the knife in a tall glass of hot water), this will give you clean smooth cuts.
Drizzle these with melted chocolate to elevate the look and flavour, but this is completely optional.
If you really want to pack the salty punch, you can sprinkle a pinch of salt on the batter before it’s baked.
Don’t over bake the brownies, or they’ll end up dry and cakey, you want these under baked. If you’re not sure take them out before you think, they’ll usually set further at room temperature. A toothpick pierced in the centre should have slightly wet, moist crumbs sticking to it. There should be a slight wobble in the centre when you remove them.
They can be served as is or warmed up with a scoop of ice cream.
Make sure to mix the cocoa powder in after melting the butter and sugar for the perfect crackled top.
Substitutions and Variations
- Toblerone is great in this recipe, however if you don’t have any you can leave it out or use milk chocolate (or any chocolate of your choosing)
- Add 1/2 a cup of almonds for added almond flavour and crunch.
- Use dark chocolate Toblerone to add more dimension to the flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions about Brownies
The process of melting the butter and sugar together is what makes these really fudgy brownies. Don’t skip this step.
Use a knife dipped in hot water to get a clean cut on your brownies.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days or 5-6 days in the fridge. If storing in the fridge, microwave for 5-10 seconds before eating to bring it back to temperature or even a little longer to have a warm brownie. Can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months, if wrapped well in foil and placed in an airtight container.
- 8 x 8 inch (20 cm) pan
- Microwave safe bowl
- 150 g unsalted Butter
- 1¼ cup granulated/caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup unsweetended cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup flour
- 200 g chopped Toblerone 7 ounces
- Line an 8×8 inch (20cm) square pan with baking paper and preheat oven to 160c (320F).
- Chop the Toblerone into 1/2 cm chunks.
- Place butter and sugar in a microwave safe bowl and place in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time, whisk after every 30 seconds until the batter is glossy, this should take around 2-3 times in the microwave.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add in each egg 1 at a time, mixing well between each addition.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the cocoa powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add in the flour and fold in gently until it is just combined.
- Throw in the Toblerone chunks and fold through gently. Make sure the batter has cooled down before the addition of the chocolate.
- Pout brownie batter into prepared pan and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- The brownies are done when the sides are starting to come away from the pan, and the centre is still a bit wet. You can test by placing a toothpick in the centre, it should have slightly wet batter stuck to it. Do not over bake the brownies. It' better to remove them early and let them set in the pan then to let them over bake.
- Let brownies cool down completely before removing them from the pan and cutting into triangles.
- Optional: Drizzle with additional melted chocolate and almonds if preferred.
- Serve warm with ice cream or as is.