If you’ve got some overripe bananas lying around, here’s an easy way to use them up. This one bowl Banana Bread, is not only easy but it is delicious and moist. It’s great just as is or you can add in chocolate chips or nuts if you prefer. It’s also great toasted with a little bit of butter.
Ingredients you’ll need for this Easy One Bowl Banana Bread?
- Overripe Bananas
- Brown Sugar
- Bicarb soda
- Baking powder
Kitchen tools needed?
- Utensils: whisk, fork, spatula
- Loaf pan
How do I make One Bowl Banana Bread?
Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the pan to ensure it lifts easily once baked. Pre heat your oven to 180c/350F.
Step 1: Mash your bananas
Place bananas into a bowl and mash them really well. I like to use a big salad fork for this.
Step 2: Add in the wet ingredients
Add in the egg, oil, buttermilk, brown sugar and mix well with a whisk.
Step 3: Add in the dry ingredients
Add in the flour, bicarb soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well with a spoon or spatula until there are no longer any clumps of flour.
Step 4: Pour into pan and bake
Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes until a knife or skewer comes out clean.
More Recipes to try
- Biscoff banana Bread
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Small Banana Cake
- Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Banana Cake
- Blueberry bread
- 3 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Frequently Asked Questions
Banana bread can be stored at room temperature for 3-4 days in an airtight container. Storing banana bread in the fridge will cause it to dry out.
Yes you can. Wrap the banana bread well and place in an airtight container, it will store well for 3 months.
Chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, walnuts. Swirls of peanut butter or nutella.
Easy One Bowl Banana Bread
- Loaf pan
- Utensils (whisk and spoon)
- 3 Bananas (large, overripe)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180c/350F.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment/baking paper and a light spray of spray oil.
- Peel bananas and place in bowl. Use a fork or whisk to mash the bananas well until there are no large chunks.
- Add in the egg, oil, buttermilk and brown sugar. Whisk well.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients (flour, bicarb soda, baking powder, salt).
- Mix well until the mixture just comes together and there are no longer any clumps.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the loaf pan and place in the oven for 50-55 minutes.
- Banana bread is done when it is nicely browned on top. Place a skewer or knife in the highest part in the centre, if it comes out with wet batter, continue to bake for 5 minutes until the skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool down a bit and remove from the pan, when completely cool slice and serve.