This Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats is a delicious healthy breakfast to start your day. It has the flavors of a blueberry cheesecake, with blueberries layered with vanilla yogurt to give it that creamy cheesecake feeling.
Why this recipe is great?
- Throw this recipe together in less than 10 minutes
- Great make ahead meal prep option
- You only need 6 simple ingredients
- It’s a great way to start the day, it’s like having a decadent dessert
- It’s a nutritious breakfast the whole family will enjoy
- Tastes like a slice of blueberry cheesecake
Full list of ingredients and amounts for this blueberry cheesecake overnight oats recipe in the recipe card below.
Rolled Oats – it’s best to use rolled oats, instant or steel cut don’t work the same
Chia Seeds – black or white is fine
Milk – I use plant based milk but any type of milk will work – I used unsweetened almond milk
Maple Syrup – or other sweetener or liquid sweetener of your preference
Vanilla yogurt – sweetened is best, don’t skip this, it’s the substitute for the cream cheese in this recipe
Blueberries – I used frozen, but fresh blueberries would work great as well.
Kitchen equipment needed
- Mason jar – this recipe makes 2, so you can use 2 small jars or glasses (approx 250ml-300ml, 8-10 oz)
- Large bowl – for mixing the oats before pouring into jars
How to make Blueberry Overnight Oats
To make the overnight oatmeal, start by mixing the yogurt and blueberries together, set aside.
Grab a bowl and mix together the rolled oats, chia seeds, milk and sweetener. Mix well until the oats and seeds are coated.
Pour the oat mixture into an airtight container or 2 mason jars or bowls (approx. 250-300ml / 8 – 10oz).
Top with vanilla yogurt and blueberries. Store in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
Remove the oats the next morning, top with additional blueberries for more fresh blueberry flavor.
Expert tips for making blueberry cheesecake oats
- Add additional milk to loosen the oats if they’ve thickened too much
- Top with additional extra blueberries for added decoration and flavor
- You can use any plant milk whether it be soy milk, oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk or any milk of choice.
- Yogurt – use coconut yogurt to keep this vegan
- Sweetener – use any sugar or sweetener of your choice eg. honey, maple syrup, agave syrup or even sugars like coconut sugar, brown sugar or stevia or xylitol
Add in ideas
- Hemp seeds / hemp hearts
- Protein powder
- Lemon zest or lemon juice – for lemon blueberry cheesecake overnight oats
- Vanilla extract – to ramp up the dessert flavor
- Ground Flax seeds
- Greek yogurt – you can add this into the oats instead of on top or both inside and on top
- More blueberries added into the oat mixture
- You can top this with blueberry greek yogurt to make it even easier
- Why not try strawberries instead for strawberry cheesecake overnight oats
- Top with a swirl of blueberry jam for even more blueberry flavor
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these oats vegan?
If you stick to a plant based milk, plant based yogurt and plant based toppings, then yes, this will be vegan.
Are these overnight oats gluten free?
Yes, if using gluten-free oats. Oats can sometimes contain gluten.
Can I warm up the overnight oats?
Yes, but if you’re planning to do this, it’s best to add the yogurt topping after. You can place this in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to take the chill out of it.
Can I use quick oats?
Yes, you can, but it’s best eaten within 1-2 days of making.
How do I store Blueberry cheesecake Overnight Oats?
Store in the fridge covered overnight. Can stay in the fridge for 3-4 days before it needs to be eaten. Top it with your toppings before eating as this can get soft or mushy if staying in the fridge.
Blueberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup can use brown sugar or any other sweetener
- 1 ¼ cup milk I used almond
- ⅔ cup vanilla yogurt
- ⅓ cup frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup frozen blueberries thawed for topping
- Start by mixing the yogurt and blueberries.
- Place oats, chia seeds, milk and sweetener in a bowl. Combine with a spoon or whisk until everything is mixed in.
- Place in mason jars (approx. 250-300ml / 8-10oz).
- Top with blueberry yogurt. This can be done before placing in the refrigerator or before eating.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Top with thawed blueberries for added blueberry flavor.