This Tiramisu Overnight Oats will be your new favourite breakfast recipe. It has a coffee flavoured oats, layered with vanilla yogurt and topped with a dash of cocoa powder to taste just like the original dessert.
If you love indulgent overnight oats recipes, try my Biscoff overnight oats too.
Why this recipe great?
- Throw this recipe together in less than 10 minutes
- A coffee lovers dream
- You only need 6 simple ingredients
- It’s like having dessert even though it’s a healthy breakfast
- Tastes just like eating a slice of Tiramisu
What is Tiramisu?
Tiramisu is an Italian dessert made with lady fingers (sponge biscuits) soaked in coffee and layered with a mascarpone cream. The dessert is topped with cocoa powder and served in a dish.
Ingredients needed for Tiramisu Overnight Oats Recipe
Full list of ingredients and amounts for this overnight oats recipe in the recipe card below.
Rolled Oats – it’s best to use rolled oats, instant or steel cut don’t work the same
Brewed coffee – which ever type and strength for that delicious coffee flavor – I added hot water to instant coffee powder
Milk – I use plant based milk but any type of milk will work – I used almond milk
Brown sugar – or other sweetener or liquid sweetener of your preference, I’ve had this with both brown sugar and maple syrup and both options were great
Vanilla yogurt – sweetened is best, don’t skip this, it’s the substitute for the marscapone cream portion of a traditional tiramisu recipe giving this it’s signature taste.
How to make Tiramisu Overnight Oats
In a bowl, mix together the rolled oats, chia seeds, coffee, milk and sweetener. Mix well until the oats and seeds are coated.
Pour into a bowl and cover. Store in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
Remove the oats the next morning and take out 2 mason jars or bowls to serve in. Approximately 300ml (10oz).
Place 2 tablespoons of yogurt at the bottom of your mason jar or serving dish. Top with 1/4 of the coffee oats. Top with another layer of yogurt. Split the last bit of coffee oats between the 2 glasses and top with the last of the yogurt.
Finish with a dusting of cocoa powder to top off the oats.
Make ahead breakfast recipe option for busy mornings.
If you have a rushy morning and prefer not to have to assemble the oats before eating, you can fill your mason jars with the tiramisu oats and top with yogurt and cocoa powder. It will be ready to eat on the go.
Expert tips for making oat Tiramisu
- Add additional milk to loosen the oats if they’ve thickened too much
- Top with coffee beans for added decoration and flavor
- Use unsweetened cocoa powder
- You can use soy milk, oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk or any milk of choice.
- Yogurt – use coconut yogurt to keep this vegan
- Sweetener – use any sugar or sweetener of your choice eg. honey, maple syrup, agave syrup or even sugars like coconut sugar, brown sugar or even stevia or xylitol
Are these oats vegan?
If you stick to a plant based milk, plant based yogurt and plant based toppings, then yes this will be vegan.
Are these overnight oats gluten free?
Yes if using gluten free oats. Oats can sometimes contain gluten.
Can I warm up the overnight oats?
Yes if it’s colder where you are, you can place this in the microwave for 15-30 seconds to take the chill out of it.
Can I use quick oats?
Yes you can, but it’s best eaten within 1-2 days of making.
How do I store Tiramisu Overnight Oats?
Store in the fridge covered overnight. Can stay in the fridge for 3-4 days before it needs to be eaten. Top it with your toppings before eating as this can get soft or mushy if staying in the fridge.
Tiramisu Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- ⅓ cup milk I used almond
- 2 tbsp maple syrup can use brown sugar or any other sweetener
- ½ cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Place oats, chia seeds, coffee, milk and sweetener in a bowl. Combine with a spoon or whisk until everything is mixed in.
- Place in a bowl, cover and place in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- In a mason jar or glass (approx. 300ml / 10oz) place in 1.5 tablespoons of yogurt, top each with 1/4 of the coffee oats. Top with a layer of yogurt. Finish with the rest of the coffee oats and top everything with a final layer of yogurt.
- Top with cocoa powder and enjoy.