This No Churn Turkish delight ice cream is a delicious frozen dessert that doesn’t require an ice cream maker. It’s a creamy frozen dessert that combines the flavors of rose in traditional Turkish delight with a smooth and velvety ice cream base. To incorporate the flavors of Turkish delight, rose water is added to the ice cream base.
This simple and easy recipe starts with a base of condensed milk and heavy cream, which are whipped together to create a rich and creamy mixture. The ice cream is then poured into a container and frozen until firm. The result is a homemade, velvety ice cream with the distinctive flavors of Turkish delight, all without the need for special equipment or complex steps.
What is a Turkish Delight?
Turkish delight, also known as lokum, is a traditional sweet treat that originated in Turkey. It is a type of thick chewy/gummy like confectionery that comes in a variety of flavors, colors, and shapes. The main ingredients used to make Turkish delight are typically sugar, water, and starch. The mixture is cooked until it thickens and sets into a firm yet chewy texture. Turkish delight is often flavored with ingredients such as rosewater, citrus, nuts (like pistachios), or spices (such as cinnamon). It is often dusted with powdered sugar to prevent sticking. Turkish delight is enjoyed as a standalone candy or incorporated into desserts and pastries, and it has gained popularity worldwide as a delightful confection.
What is no churn ice cream?
No churn ice cream is a type of homemade ice cream that does not require an ice cream maker or any special churning or ice cream equipment. Unlike traditional ice cream recipes that involve churning the mixture in an ice cream machine to incorporate air and create a smooth texture, no churn ice cream achieves a similar result through a simplified method. The basic ingredients for no churn ice cream typically include heavy cream, condensed milk, and flavorings of choice. The cream is whipped until stiff peaks form, and then the condensed milk and flavorings are gently folded in. This creates a creamy base that can be customized with various flavors, such as chocolate, fruit, cookies, or caramel. The mixture is then poured into a container and frozen until it reaches a firm, scoopable consistency.
About this Turkish Delight Ice-Cream recipe:
- A great recipe for Turkish delight lovers
- Only uses 4 simple ingredients for an easy recipe
- A creamy delicious treat
- Is made without a churner so easy for anyone to achieve even if it’s the first time making ice cream
- Can be made in the comfort of your own home for the whole family
Ingredients needed for Turkish Delight Ice Cream
- Heavy Cream – to make a creamy thick base
- Condensed Milk – to sweeten the cream, it also helps to keep the texture of the cream smooth and not icy
- Rose Water – for flavoring the ice cream base
How to make No Churn ice cream
The full Turkish Delight ice cream recipe with amounts and instructions are in the recipe card below.
Place the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl. You can put this in a bowl of a stand mixer if you have one. Beat until the cream is thick and and airy, till soft peaks. This should take a couple of minutes. Pour in the condensed milk and rose water and fold in until the condensed milk and rose water is incorporated.
Tip: Make sure the cream is cold before whipping or it will curdle easily if over-whipped.
Pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container that is airtight, or wrap well with plastic wrap. Chill for 4-6 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Serve as is or decorate with the suggestions below.
- Top with whipped heavy cream or canned whipped cream, or even a dollop of double cream
- Drizzle of Rose syrup
- Turkish Delight chopped up
- Pistachios chopped up
- Rose petals
- Add chopped pistachios into the ice cream base
- Add chopped pieces of Turkish Delight into the ice cream base
- Add in a rose syrup ripple
- Add in vanilla extract for some extra ice cream flavour
- Add in a pinch of salt to bring out the sweetness
Fry’s Turkish Delight Ice Cream
If you’re looking for a version that tastes similar to Fry’s Turkish Delight you can do this in one of 2 ways.
1. Chop up 4-6 Fry’s Turkish Delight bars and gently mix it into the ice cream once all the other ingredients have been mixed in.
2. Make some chocolate ganache by by heating 1/2 cup cream, once heated add in 3/4 cup chopped chocolate. Let this cool down to room temperature. Before storing the ice cream in the freezer, drizzle this onto the ice cream and use a butter knife to gently mix through so that it ripples through the ice cream.
Tips and Tricks
Keep the cream cold before whipping so it doesn’t split.
Gently fold in the condensed milk until all of it is dispersed and well mixed through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 3 months. If the ice cream is packed and covered tightly with it can be stored for up to 6 months.
Yes, you could use other flavored waters or mix ins.
It’s possible to whip cream without a whisk by hand, but it will take a bit longer than mixing with a stand or electric hand mixer.
More Ice Cream Recipes
Turkish Delight Ice Cream
- Hand or stand mixer
- 600 ml heavy whipping cream (thickened cream) 20 oz
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 tbsp rose water
- 5 drops pink food coloring
- Make sure the cream is chilled well before using (remove from the fridge right before it's needed).
- Place the cream in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Whip until soft peaks form. The cream should hold shape without being too firm or stiff.
- Pour in the condensed milk, rose water and coloring and fold until it is all mixed through.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container. If the container isn't airtight, wrap with plastic wrap.
- Chill for 4-6 hours.
- Keep the cream chilled, remove from the fridge right before using
- Don’t over mix the cream, this can cause it to split and curdle