This Biscoff Milkshake is the perfect sweet, thick and creamy summer drink. It’s made with creamy vanilla ice cream, milk and smooth Biscoff spread.
What is a milkshake?
I’m sure most people know, but in case you don’t, a milkshake is a thick creamy drink usually made with ice cream, milk and a flavoring.
What is Biscoff?
Biscoff is a delicious peanut butter like spread made from lotus biscoff cookies. It comes in both smooth and crunchy versions. It is also referred to as cookie butter or speculoos spread. Biscoff spread can be found in a general grocery store, but if you have trouble finding look out for it at speciality grocery stores or it can be purchased online. It can also be found under the generic name of cookie butter spread.
About this Biscoff cookie butter shake recipe:
- Simple milkshake to make
- Only uses 3 ingredients
- Delicious, thick and creamy milkshake perfect for a dessert craving
- Can be made in the comfort of your own home
- Perfect quick sweet treat for biscoff lovers
Ingredients needed for Cookie Butter milkshake
- Lotus Biscoff spread – smooth is best but crunchy would work too as it does get blended
- Vanilla ice cream – any plain ice cream will do – dairy-free ice cream is a great alternative to make this dairy free
- Milk – full fat whole milk works great in this recipe – dairy-free milk would work for a dairy free option
How to make Biscoff milk shake
Full lotus Biscoff milkshake recipe with amounts and instructions are in the recipe card below.
Place the ice cream, milk and biscoff sauce into a blender or bullet blender. Be sure to add the biscoff last so it doesn’t get stuck to the bottom of the blender. Blend until everything is just combined. Pour into your serving glass and enjoy.
Optional: top milkshake with heavy whipping cream, canned whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. Add some additional Biscoff sauce and whole Biscoff cookie or crushed cookies for added decoration and texture.
Variations and Substitutions
- Make a Nutella milkshake by using nutella/ chocolate hazelnut spread instead of the cookie spread.
- Use almond milk, soy milk or any plant based milk and vegan vanilla ice cream to make a vegan Biscoff milkshake.
- If Biscoff ice cream is available where you are, you can use that instead of the vanilla ice cream for even more Biscoff flavor.
- Use chocolate ice cream for a chocolate Biscoff milkshake.
- Add and top with a little caramel sauce for a Caramel biscoff shake.
More Biscoff Desserts
Frequently Asked Questions
Milkshakes are best to drink right after making, but if needing to be stored, you can keep them in the fridge for a few hours. If topping the shake with cream or more ice cream, it’s best to do this right before serving.
Generally milkshakes are thickened with ice cream, that’s what gives it the smooth creamy texture needed.
Yes, you can, put the ice cream into a bowl or jug and let it melt slightly. Using a spoon combine the ice cream, milk and sauce until it all comes together.
If your milkshake is too thick, there may be too much ice cream, add in a little more milk until you reach your desired consistency. If your milkshake is too runny you may have over-blended or added too much milk, add in more ice cream to thicken.
- blender, bullet blender or food processor
- 1 cup plain / vanilla ice cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ⅓ cup biscoff spread
- Place the ice cream, milk and biscoff in the blender.
- Blend until smooth and everything has just mixed together, don't blend too much as this will make the milkshake runny.
- Pour out into tall glass (approx. 300-400ml / 10-12 oz).
- Optional: Top with cream, biscoff spread and biscoff cookie.
- Serve immediately.
- Don’t over-blend, this will cause the milkshake to be runny
- Add more ice cream if milkshake is too runny, add more milk if it’s too thick.