Yup, you read right, a No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake with an Oreo Crust. It’s not just the title that’s a mouthful, this dessert is one delicious mouthful after another. A rich and creamy mouthful. The chocolate filling is deliciously chocolatey and has the taste and texture of a rich chocolate mousse.
I made this dessert for Eid and when it was served, there was a barely a sound, everyone was savouring each bite. Eid day is a hard one to get right with dessert. Usually, everyone is full from the days’ overindulgence, but this dessert still went down a treat at the end of the day.
The creamy, moussey, chocolatey goodness of the filling is encased in an oreo crust. They work beautifully together. I also topped this one with strawberries and Ferrero Rocher (I was attempting to use up the supply of Ferrero Rochers that were received as Eid gifts), but you can top it with anything you like. You could keep it simple and just serve as is, or top with a bit of cream. Raspberries would also work great with this, nuts would work too. The options are endless.
- 2 packs of Oreo cookies (137g each)
- 75g unsalted butter
- 1½ cup dark chocolate (approx 225g)
- 500g cream cheese
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1½ cup cream
- Line an 8-inch/21cm springform pan with baking paper.
- Process the Oreos until they're a fine crumb.
- Melt butter and add into the Oreo crumbs.
- Mix well and pour into the springform pan.
- Press the crumbs up and into the sides and flatten the bottom. I use a flat-bottomed glass to flatten the base.
- Set aside in the fridge.
- Place the dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat at 20 seconds increments, mixing each time you check it. Continue until it is completely melted.
- Set aside to cool while you prepare your other ingredients.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth.
- Mix cocoa powder with hot water until there are no lumps. Set aside to cool.
- Once the cream cheese mixture is smooth, add in your melted chocolate and briskly mix until combined.
- Add in your cocoa and mix well.
- Whip your cream until soft peaks.
- Fold half your cream into the cream cheese mixture, once combined fold in the remaining half.
- Spoon your mixture into your prepared base and set aside in the fridge for a minimum 2 hours.
- This can be made a day ahead.
- Serve as is, with more cream or toppings of your choosing.