I posted this picture on Instagram and a lot of you asked for the recipe, here it is. After adapting recipes, trying, tasting and recipe testing, I feel like I’ve come up with the perfect recipe, well to me anyway. Fluffy and moist with the perfect amount of tartness from the raspberries and sweetness from the white chocolate. This recipe does have one small problem though, it makes 10 muffins, who made a dozen a thing anyway? Why can’t we just have 10, 10’s a good number right. Let’s make 10 a thing, who’s with me? Muffins pans with 10 muffin holes, I think I’m onto something here.
I love the flavour of the Cadbury range, I use the melts chopped up, but you can use chocolate chips if that’s what you’ve got. The extra drizzle for the top is totally optional, and the muffins don’t need them but it definitely adds a little “something, something” to the taste and look.
Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate chips
- optional for decoration: 1/4 cup white chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180c. Add all your dry ingredients into a bowl and mix lightly with a whisk. Add in the oil, vanilla essence, egg and milk. Whisk until smooth and just combined. Throw in your white chocolate and raspberries and fold in gently with a spoon.
- Note: If you're using white chocolate melts, remember to chop them up. I also crush the raspberries slightly so there's little bursts spread throughout the muffins.
- Fill each muffin hole till the top. Place in the oven for 15 mins or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean. Let cool in the pan. Once cooled gently remove, you may need the help of a knife to run around the sides. If you're choosing to decorate melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, fill into a ziplock bag, cut the tip off and drizzle over the top of the muffins.
As you would have noticed the other great thing I love about this recipe is that it’s all done in one bowl, you don’t even need a mixer! Easy to make, easy clean up and tasty too, doesn’t get much better than that!
4 thoughts on “Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins”
These photos are gorgeous! And I bet the muffins were pretty darn delicious as well 🙂
Thank you! Been playing around with light lately to get the best shots. Hubby bought me a new camera so hoping for even better photos 😉