What do you get when you take Nutella Mousse and add it to Chocolate Cake? You get one very delicious dessert!!
This recipe uses a super easy chocolate cake recipe and my 2 ingredient Nutella Mousse recipe. Have you tried it? I bet you wanted to eat the whole bowl! I know I did. Well, I figured all that deliciousness would make a perfect topping to a chocolate cake. The cake is super simple, you chuck everything into a food processor or mixer and mix till smooth.
I topped the cake with the Nutella Mousse and some toasted hazelnuts. It was soooooo good, yes, the additional o’s in the so is completely necessary because it was that good.
Eid’s coming up and this would be great to have as an Eid dessert. It’s slightly on the messier side, that mousse can is delicious but it can get sloppy, so it’s best to top it before eating. Store the mousse in the fridge until you need it.
Give this a go, it’s an easy no fuss cake with an easy mousse topping. You can skip the hazelnuts if you prefer, you can always top it with fruit or anything else you like.
Nutella Mousse Cake
- 125 g unsalted softened butter (1/2 cup)
- 125 g sugar (approx 2/3 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 125 g flour (1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 1 cup chilled thickened cream
- 1 tbsp chopped toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- Pre heat your oven to 180c. Grease a 20cm springform tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Place all your cake ingredients except the milk into a mixer and beat until combined. Remove the bowl, add in your milk and mix gently with spoon until the milk is mixed through.
- Pour into cake tin and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Check the cake with a skewer in the middle, if the skewer comes out with a bit of wet cake batter leave it in for another few minutes and check again. The cake will be done when a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in the pan to cool completely.
- While the cake is baking beat the cream until soft peaks form.
- Place the nutella in the microwave until slightly runnier (about 15 seconds), if the nutella gets too hot, leave it aside to cool.
- Pour the nutella into the cream and fold gently until combined.
- Place in the fridge to cool and set while the cake bakes and cools.
- Place cake onto your serving plate. Top with the chilled mousse and hazelnuts.